SIP Router Project



Attached to Project: sip-router
Opened by Pavel Segec (palo73) - Monday, 16 May 2011, 13:49 GMT
Last edited by Daniel-Constantin Mierla (miconda) - Saturday, 15 June 2013, 22:15 GMT
Task Type Improvement
Category Module
Status Closed
Assigned To No-one
Operating System All
Severity Low
Priority Normal
Reported Version 3.1
Due in Version Undecided
Due Date Undecided
Percent Complete 100%
Votes 0
Private No


I’ve tried DBTEXT module as another simple database with Kamailio 3.1 , I’ve found following problems.

1) after creating required dbtext files using kamdbctl create, it created version file with mistakes. The version file contain bad line

id(int,auto) lcr_id(int) gw_name(string) grp_id(int) ip_addr(string) hostname(string,null) port(int,null) uri_scheme(int,null) transport(int,null) strip(int,null) tag(string,null) weight(int,null) flags(int) defunct(int,null)


id(int,auto) lcr_id(int) prefix(string,null) from_uri(string,null) grp_id(int) priority(int)

2) using kamctl create reports pointer to some old Openser directory

is_user: user counter=/usr/share/kamailio/dbtext/openser is not a directory
INFO: user ‘palo’ already exists

3) after creating symbolic link with

ln -s /etc/kamailio/dbtext/ /usr/share/kamailio/dbtext/openser

kamctl utility during user adding require an email address for a new user

kamctl add jano jano
database engine ‘DBTEXT’ loaded
Control engine ‘FIFO’ loaded
is_user: user counter=0
check_db_alias: alias counter=0
email_address cannot be empty or null
ERROR: introducing the new user ‘jano’ to the database failed

but when address is included, there is another error about bad command syntax

pstest:/etc/kamailio/dbtext# kamctl add jano jano jano@jano
database engine ‘DBTEXT’ loaded
Control engine ‘FIFO’ loaded

– command ‘add|passwd|rm’ - manage subscribers

add <username> <password> .......... add a new subscriber (*)
passwd <username> <passwd> ......... change user’s password (*)
rm <username> ...................... delete a user (*)

This task depends upon

Closed by  Daniel-Constantin Mierla (miconda)
Saturday, 15 June 2013, 22:15 GMT
Reason for closing:  Fixed
Additional comments about closing:  openser db name was replaced by kamailio